Development Sewing Machinist
Textile & Furnishings
Sutton in Ashfield, Nottinghamshire
Our client is one of the UK’s leading consumer brands in luxury, high end textiles, furnishings and fashions across the UK and internationally. With a current workforce of over 250 employees, they are based in new purpose-built state of the art manufacturing facility in Nottinghamshire.
They are a successful company and are part of a financially strong group of companies within the fashion and furnishing industry. They are now looking to add the following role to their team.
This is an incredible opportunity to join their innovative team in this forward-thinking organisation.
The role requires a committed and self-motivated individual, to grow and become part of a large, successful manufacturing company.
Job Purpose Summary
- To assist the Department in achieving development deadlines by sewing and recording all aspects of the cut and sewing development process.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Sew, develop and produce design prototypes using the briefs provided.
- Assist Development Upholsterers with production methods and discuss and offer ideas as required to ensure continual improvement of products.
- Develop and produce notes to document sewing methods and help the CAD Operators in creating digital sewing specifications.
- Quality control on new product launch (Proof of Markers) from CAD to factory, checking the first batch are cut and sewn correctly to the specification, documenting and advising the necessary departments of any changes that arise in sewing specifications.
- Liaise with all relevant departments to ensure each new product is finished to the highest possible standard.
- Setting standards for productivity and good working practice.
- Ensure Health & Safety Policy is adhered to by keeping a clean and safe working environment
- Assist all members of the Design and Development team as and when required.
The company offers an attractive salary and benefits package.
Company benefits include:
- Pension scheme – company will match up to 4%.
- 4 x Life Insurance cover
- Permanent Health Insurance (Income Protection) Scheme.
This is a full time, permanent and exciting opportunity to join an established and successful market leader, working in an exciting, forward thinking environment and offering long term career progression.
This vacancy is being advertised by New Resource Group. The services of New Resource Group are that of an Employment Agency.