Design & Development Upholsterer
Sutton in Ashfield, Nottinghamshire
Our client is a major, widely recognised furniture brand and is part of an International Group consisting of other major furniture names. The company continues to enjoy successful growth and now require an experienced Development Upholsterer to assist with new product development and introductions. This is an exciting opportunity to help develop and influence new product designs into the market.
Working as part of a talented Design and Development team, you will be responsible for developing new products and prototypes ensuring they are successfully introduced into production.
You will be an experienced Development Upholsterer working on a range of leather and fabrics and keen to progress within a successful team. As a key member of the department, you will be self-motivated, have a flexible approach to work and be able to meet tight timescales and deadlines.
- Develop new products and prototypes ensuring they are successfully introduced into production.
- To ensure that our client has the new models, completely production friendly, in readiness for showing at events and exhibitions, introductions and product launches.
- To develop new products and continual improvement on existing designs.
- Be able to receive sketch and working drawings plus brief of new product from Design Director.
- Liaise with frame department on final frame construction.
- To create foam and fabric patterns for product.
- Liaise with Design Director and Design Manager throughout the development of product.
- To work through new products, minimising waste to gain greater efficiency on every material used.
- Record every material used for costing of product, produce cutting list for the CAD and provide information to the Development Manager and administrator.
- To carry out time and motion on all pieces within the product range, when required.
- To introduce and train new products into the factory for mass production of models, when required.
- Occasionally help and attend shows and events.
- Must have proven track record experience as a Development Upholsterer.
- Must have qualification and developed upholstery skills to a high standard.
- Must be eligible to relocate, live and work in the UK.
- Must have good written and spoken knowledge of English language.
The company offers an attractive salary and benefits package.
Company benefits include:
- Pension scheme – company will match up to 4%.
- 4 x Life Insurance cover
- Permanent Health Insurance (Income Protection) Scheme.
This is a full time, permanent and exciting opportunity to join an established and successful market leader, working in an exciting, forward thinking environment and offering long term career progression.
Please send your CV urgently.
This vacancy is being advertised by New Resource Group. The services of New Resource Group are that of an Employment Agency.