Bristol / Chippenham
About The Company
Our client is a leading developer of IT services. They develop robust, real-world application solutions and provide supporting services that create real business benefit.
They have delivered solutions and services in a range of markets including government, defence, marine, environment and space.
About The Role
Working for our client is always both challenging and rewarding. Their staff are enthusiastic, self-starters who thrive in a dynamic environment. At all stages of your career you will be responsible for the quality of your work. You should be able to work to deadlines, have good inter-personal skills and be flexible as regards moving from project to project; working on multiple projects simultaneously, and in as simulating new technologies.
We are currently looking to recruit an individual with in depth database skills to contribute to a range of exciting new and existing projects within the Enterprise Solutions and Defence Division.
Experience in data warehousing and reporting or development languages, would be highly advantageous.
You are likely to work across company sites and various customer engagements throughout the UK, so you must be flexible to travel.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and willing to undergo security clearances to a minimum of SC level.
Essential skills –
- In depth understanding of at least one SQL-Server/ORACLE/Postgres
- Knowledge of other database (e.g. those above + MySQL, MongoDB, Amazon RDS)
- Extensive experience of designing and implementing enterprise databases
- Excellent knowledge of SQL and T-SQL or PL/SQL
- Experience of database performance tuning and sizing
- Proven experience of the software development lifecycle
- Experience of cloud architectures (AWS & Azure)
- Experience of multi-tier client-server architecture
- Experience in ETL (Extract, Transformation & Load), data warehousing & business intelligence or development languages (e.g. Java, C++, JS, Python, HTML)
- Excellent communication skills. Able to provide advice in a digestible form to both the company and its customers.
- Ability to estimate costs and implementation timescales associated with potential solutions
Desirable skills – any knowledge or experience of the following –
- Knowledge of ETL (Extract, Transformation & Load), data warehousing & business intelligence
- Knowledge of Data Reporting tools (Tableau, Penatho, SSRS, Power BI, Business Objects, etc)
- Knowledge of XML and related technologies
- Knowledge of operating systems (e.g. Windows, Linux, mobile)
- An understanding of design and modelling techniques (e.g. UML)
- An understanding of various development methodologies (e.g. Agile, Waterfall, DSDM)
- An understanding of software standards (e.g. ISO9001, ISO 20000:1)
- Experience of Quality Assurance and testing
- Microsoft and/or ORACLE certifications
Further information –
- Must be willing to work on defence projects
- Must be eligible to work in the UK
- Must either have SC clearance already or be able to obtain it immediately
An attractive salary and benefits package is on offer for the successful candidate.
This vacancy is being advertised by New Resource Group. The services of New Resource Group are that of an Employment Agency.