ERP Project Leader
Our client is a major, financially strong, International Group of companies, consisting of a number of quality, high end, recognised brands.
Working within the Groups Head office location, you will be the key lead person working across major subsidiary companies, each employing substantial users and manufacturing facilities in their own right. This is a unique opportunity to be involved at a Group corporate level, where your decisions and actions will be instrumental for their future growth.
As a key member of the team, the ERP Project Leader will apply functional application knowledge, industry experience, analytical and data manipulation skills to significantly contribute to the delivery of business improvement through the groups ERP systems, primarily Microsoft Dynamics AX2012 R3.
Working closely with the business functions across the group, the role encompasses a wide variety of activities; new projects delivering business improvement through the use of the ERP system, project management of IT related projects, business analysis to review business operations and identify process improvements, change control of system functionality and process, master data management and application / user support.
Although primarily focussed on ERP, there will be additional requirements to work with, implement and support other applications and infrastructure within the IT areas of responsibility.
- Provide user / business support for Dynamics AX2012 R3 ERP System across a variety of business functions
- Deliver business improvement and common practice across the group by facilitating business process review and champion the use of IT systems
- Creating quality documentation: Business Process diagrams and definitions, work instructions / user guides.
- Review and Interpret change requests and business requirements into functional design documents and enable effective implementation of changes.
- Ensure thorough testing of new solutions and changes by planning, documenting and managing test plans
- Assist in the implementation and ongoing maintenance of the Group IT Support and maintenance plan
- Support the process of AX problem management and issue resolution
- Train and coach new users in the use of systems, support and develop existing users on a group and individual basis
- Liaise with 3rd party support / service providers on related support issues.
- Experience of working with and implementing MS Dynamics AX 2012 in a manufacturing environment, minimum 5 years, including:
- Developing and improving ERP system-based processes in a manufacturing environment
- Implementing Dynamics AX either as a new project or an upgrade over a full project life cycle
- Must have an excellent working knowledge of at least 2 of the following Dynamics AX areas of functionality:
- Finance, Sales & Marketing, Stock / Warehouse Management, Supply Chain & Procurement, Production, Master Planning
- Ability to work with and influence team members at all levels of the organisation
- Self-motivated, disciplined and organised; comfortable leading projects, work as part of a team or as a sole resource
- Possess strong business analysis skills with the ability to interpret business requirements into process and systems solutions
- Must strive to achieve continuous improvement, positively impact the business and deliver to completion, being prepared to put in extra effort to get things ’over the line’
- Has the moral strength to advocate a potentially unpopular position and manage conflict in a respectful and constructive style
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Must be confident creating reports, process diagrams and descriptions, work instructions and be an advanced Excel user for data analysis and manipulation
- Maintain a high attention to detail whilst multi-tasking and meeting project deadlines
- Ability to not only recognise problems but to suggest and provide effective solutions
Key Desirable Skills
- Certification in Microsoft Dynamics AX modules
- Business Analysis qualifications (AgileBA, BCS Business Analysis Certification)
- Project management skill & qualifications (Prince2, Agile)
- Knowledge of Dynamics AX data structure, internal logic, and reporting tools (Management Reporter, SSRS, Data Warehouses, Time Xtender, SQL, Atlas)
- Experience of Master Data management and manipulation. DMF Data Migration Framework
The company offers an attractive salary + Benefits package.
This is a full time, permanent, high profile role, working in an exciting, fast moving, manufacturing environment with big brands and offering long term career progression.
Please contact Sharon on 01225 708040
This vacancy is being advertised by New Resource Group. The services of New Resource Group are that of an Employment Agency.