Our client based in Farnworth require a FLT Driver to cover 4/5 weeks
Involves removing scrap metal waste from the workshop and emptying for re-cycling as well as general cleaning duties on the shop floor.
Applicants must have valid FLT Counter Balance licence
To provide and administer a professional and efficient service to all internal customers such as Managers, Supervisors, Operators, etc. This will be achieved by:
* managing, organising and prioritising labouring activities
* Ensuring that all machines are swarfed out when required by notice board messages or operator/supervision requests
* Ensuring all components are moved to the next process point when required by the notice board messages or requested by supervision
* Ensuring all work shop areas are kept clean and tidy to the highest housekeeping standards.
* Ensuring all revert materials are correctly identified and segregated into individual material containers
* Ensuring that all machines are cleaned out when requested by operators, supervision and or messages left on boards
* Ensuring that all reverted materials are removed form individual machines , identified and segregated into the appropriate containers within the yard area
* Ensuring that all component movements are identified by board messages or instructions from operators, supervision or production control
* Ensuring all work areas are maintained to the highest housekeeping standards
* Ensuring that all sub-contract items are packaged in line with despatch requirements and ensure the items are ready for collection
* Ensuring that all FLTs are inspected, charged and maintained as required
* Responding to increased delivery and personnel requirements / pressures in the packing department
* React to additional labouring requirements and pressures in production areas to support other members of the team
* Providing labouring cover as and when requested by Supervisors to meet production requirements in the absence of other members of the labouring team
* Assisting other members of the labouring team in proactive activities that ensure housekeeping in the production areas and yard are maintained to the highest standard
* Assisting other members of the labouring team in the movement of components throughout manufacturing area
* Assisting maintenance as required in machinery movement or repairs
Understand and adhere to H&S issues and safe working methods including but not limited to:
* Use of the overhead crane safely using the correct methods
* Lifting and slinging machines and machine components using safe lifting techniques
* Working and adhering to the 5’s housekeeping procedures
* Removing revert from machines safely using the appropriate PPE
* Operating Fork Lift Trucks safely and be observant within all manufacturing areas
Monday to Thursday: 07.45 – 16.30 & Friday: 07.45 – 11.45.
37 Hours per week.
Initially 6 weeks but may last longer.
Pay rate is £12.40 per hour