Salary £23,000-£27,000 per annum
Our client is one of the UK’s leading engineering companies, manufacturing specialised equipment for the transportation industry.
They are a major engineering organisation with facilities throughout the UK, as well as international.
With a substantial local workforce, they are now looking to add the following role to their busy procurement department.
Due to the phased introduction of new products we are delighted to be working with them to find a Junior Buyer.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a major company, with long term career progression.
As a key member of the team the successful applicant is required to be flexible, with strong multitasking skills and the ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines.
You will have excellent attention to detail and a proactive work ethic to ensure the department is as efficient as possible.
Job Purpose Summary
Work as part of the Purchasing Team, procuring inventory and placing orders for production items and components for the factory schedules.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Establish demand for component stock to meet production plans.
- To place orders with suppliers for production items to arrive just in time for factory production.
- Liaise with suppliers and, where appropriate, negotiate the best rates for items.
- Maintain register and inventory transfers
- Place POs for Shortages / Replacements and expedite best delivery time with suppliers.
- Issue orders to external suppliers and issue the load sheets to the production teams.
- Liaise with suppliers with regard to incorrect deliveries and return items.
- Ensure that Goods Receipt Notices are referenced against orders and liaise with accounts for payment.
- Carry out investigation into Inventory shortages and complete necessary stock adjustments.
- Reconcile supplier’s delivery notes against PO’s and GRN accordingly.
- Take part in the quarterly stock take.
- Ensure that a clean and safe working environment is maintained within the section.
- Maintain positive working relationships with other departments to ensure that any issues or problems are resolved.
- Maintain standard department processes and procedures in line with ISO 9001.
Experience and Key Skills:
- Previous experience in buying / procurement
- Experience in ERP / MRP systems
- High attention to detail
- Negotiation to achieve best rates for component parts
- Good IT Knowledge – word, excel, outlook
- Ideally CIPS qualification
This is a full time and permanent role, working in a dynamic and successful company.
Remuneration: competitive salary, plus benefits as normally associated with a large organisation.
If you wish to become part of an international company and have the passion & enthusiasm to use your skills to develop your long-term career, please send your CV urgently.
This vacancy is being advertised by New Resource Group. The services of New Resource Group are that of an Employment Agency.