Mechanical / Electrical Maintenance Engineer
Our client is a recognised innovator in its field of manufacturing and engineering. With sales offices, dealers, licensees and customers in over 30 countries, they have a truly international presence.
It is a substantial manufacturer of specialised products, employing a substantial number of people, within a modern, clean environment.
We are delighted to be working with them to find a key individual to fulfil the role of multi skilled Mechanical / Electrical Maintenance Engineer to maintain and repair the plant’s facilities and electrical equipment within their Melksham location.
This is an amazing opportunity to join a large, major manufacturer of specialist products and equipment.
- Carry out electrical repair and mechanical maintenance of plant and equipment across the factory site.
- Carry out fault diagnosis to detect and solve electrical faults on various electrical plant and equipment.
- Perform planned and preventative maintenance on equipment in line with maintenance schedule and report on irregularities.
- Equipment includes injection moulding machines, AC/DC Drives and Motors; PLC’s and associated Test Machines.
- Interact with other operations staff with regards to fault finding and testing of equipment.
- Maintain records of all planned maintenance and testing schedules.
- Carrying out PAT testing and maintain accurate records.
- Repairing basic mechanical equipment.
- Carrying out regular checks on electrical and health and safety equipment to ensure they are maintained to a high standard and ensuring health and safety specifications are upheld.
- Carrying out small work installations.
- Maintenance of Facility/Office Services and Equipment – including Boilers, Compressors, Air Handling Units.
- Arranging work and liaising with outside contractors when required.
- Liaise with suppliers for quotes and servicing issues with respect to electrical products such as security, air conditioning, lighting and heating.
- Undertake other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the level of job.
- Comply with the maintenance processes and procedures.
- Comply with the Company Health and Safety policy and procedures.
- A willingness to undertake necessary training and to assist the Engineering team as and when required.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Excellent mechanical or electrical engineering and maintenance skills.
- Relevant qualifications, NVQ 3 or equivalent, Mechanical or Electrical Apprenticeship.
- Ability to respond positively when under pressure.
- Knowledge of production machinery and equipment.
- Ability to work unsupervised and on their own initiative.
- Good record keeping and IT skills.
- Able to work Initially 2 shifts, may potentially go up to 3-shift working.
- Hands-on experience in electrical / mechanical engineering and general site maintenance.
- Ideally, experience working in a manufacturing industry.
This is a full time and permanent role, working in an exciting, forward thinking environment and offering long term development.
The company offers an attractive salary and benefits package:
- Competitive salary.
- Up to 5% bonus.
- 25 days holiday.
- Training and development opportunities including 24/7 e-learning on LinkedIn Learning.
- Medical and health cash-back scheme.
- Pension matched up to 7.5%.
- Share incentive scheme.
If you wish to become part of an international organisation and have the passion & enthusiasm to use your skills to maintain a quality manufacturing environment, please send your CV urgently.
This vacancy is being advertised by New Resource Group. The services of New Resource Group are that of an Employment Agency.