Reports to – Company Accountant
We’re pleased to be representing our client who is a large international manufacturing facility with an engineering bias. Due to continued worldwide demand for their products the company are experiencing sustained and continued growth. In order to support the business moving forward we are pleased to be assisting them in the recruitment of an Accounting Manager.
Main purpose – To support the accountant and extended team, including transaction level processing, management accounting and assisting the credit control and payroll teams when needed. A pro-active attitude to problem solving and adapting to change is essential. By contributing to improvement of processes and reporting, the role should ultimately make the simpler tasks as easy as possible, to leave more time for the company accountant to provide the business with valuable financial information, in a timely manner.
• Part qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA or fully qualified AAT.
• Microsoft Excel to an intermediate level (i.e. comfortable analysing and manipulating data from multiple sources, pivot tables and use of Excel functions).
• Preparing and posting sales and purchase invoices, cash transactions and journals.
• Experience of highly repetitive data processing with accuracy, as well as contributing to analysis of financial results and problem solving.
Non-essential but beneficial skills/qualifications/experience:
• Management accounts and/or statutory accounts preparation.
• Prior roles within the manufacturing industry.
• Bank reconciliations and posting cashbook transactions.
• Reconciliations of balance sheet accounts, including sub-ledger control accounts and provisions.
• Assisting with month end closure and preparation of monthly management accounts.
• Analyses of monthly overheads and providing explanations for major variances.
• Preparing prepayments and accruals adjustments.
• Analyses of stock gains and losses, liaising with the purchasing/stock management team to provide explanations for them.
• Processing employee expenses and arranging payment.
• Raising ad-hoc bank payments and following up for approval.
• Assisting with the preparation of the weekly cash flow.
• Preparing weekly sales reports for submission to group parent company finance team.
• Providing cover to sales ledger and payroll teams when necessary, including posting sales invoice and cash collections and assisting with monthly and weekly payroll processing.
The Company offers an attractive salary and benefits package.
Please contact Chelsea on 01225 708040
This vacancy is being advertised by New Resource Group. The services of New Resource Group are that of an Employment Agency.