We are delighted to be working on behalf of an international manufacturer of specialised products. Our client has a requirement for a reliable and driven individual to join their successful warehouse operations team on a 12-month fixed term contract.
Our client boasts a modern, contemporary warehouse facility and for the right individual, continued career progression.
As part of this role, you will be expected to positively contribute to the efficient picking operation, additionally, you will have to operate a fork lift at great heights – although an existing fork lift license is not required, it is essential you are comfortable with heights.
• Work from picking lists, picking orders accurately and efficiently.
• Check products for visual and physical defect or damage.
• Pick orders using a picking platform (once trained and licensed to do so)
• Participate in stock counts.
• Check picking machinery for any problems/defects at the beginning of the shift and log details on the relevant check sheets.
• Log number of orders completed during the shift and any problems.
• Complete all paperwork accurately and on time.
• Keep work area neat and tidy at all time by undertaking routine housekeeping duties.
• Advises Team Leader of any problems likely to affect the efficiency of the warehouse.
• Use Kinetic handling techniques at all times when lifting/handling product.
• Ensure all necessary documentation is completed accurately and promptly in accordance with Company procedure.
• Work in accordance with all health and safety instructions, notices and safe working practices.
• Undertake any other reasonable duties as instructed by the Supervisor/Leader or Line Manager.
• Team player, flexible approach to work, attention to detail.
• Fitness – able to lift product up to 25kg’s. Job requires you to be physically active, moving profile, boxes etc during the course of the 8-hour shift. It may be necessary to use ladders/steps to carry out your duties.
• Effective communication skills – verbal and written.
• Previous warehouse experience advantageous and shift working experience.
• Forklift skills advantageous – Counter Balance and Reach.
This job description is not exhaustive and may be subject to alteration in accordance with changing departmental and service needs.
Hours of Work:
3 Shift Rotation
6am–2pm and 2pm-10pm Monday to Friday
10pm-6am Sunday to Thursday
30minute Lunch Break.
Rate of Pay: £9.70ph (6am – 2pm and 2pm – 10pm ) £10.14ph (10pm – 6am)
This is a 12-month fixed term contract.
This vacancy is being advertised by New Resource Group. The services of New Resource Group are that of an Employment Agency.