We are delighted to be working on behalf of our successful international client who is a major leader in their field of specialised manufacturing, helping them to secure a permanent and full time Maintenance Engineer for their team in Westbury.
They supply products into the global markets and have manufacturing facilities in the UK and Spain. Based in Westbury, this is a key and high-profile role, overseeing some of the essential maintenance and engineering responsibilities of the company.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced engineering individual looking to further their career within a major manufacturer.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced Maintenance Engineer who has previously worked within a production environment.
As a Maintenance Engineer you will enjoy a secure, supportive, and progressive working environment, where your contribution and achievements will be recognised and rewarded.
The business prides itself on quality & innovation. From design to manufacturing.
• To provide both electrical & mechanical engineering skills and effectively support the company’s plant & equipment, whilst maintaining an excellent health and safety environment and promoting good engineering practices.
• Quick and responsive to breakdowns, covering multiple machine types within the factory.
• To be able demonstrate basic problem-solving techniques to identify root cause of failure.
• Have great engineering and housekeeping standards.
• Ensuring that all maintenance work is carried out to high standards and in an effective and efficient manner.
• To optimise machinery output and product quality and minimise plant downtime through effective preventative maintenance.
• Combine 5 days shift and 4-night shift pattern (Mon – Fri), only one Saturday in 4.
• Ordering spares and maintain engineering documentation.
• Skilled in both electrical and mechanical engineering.
• Must have a minimum of city and guilds level 2, ONC/HNC/Higher Level Apprenticeship or above.
• Must have a minimum of 3 years experience as a Maintenance Engineer within a Manufacturing company.
• Must have experience of safe systems of work (permit to work, risk assessment, method statement)
• Experience of using Microsoft Office
• Self-starter / able to work on own initiative, be organised and able to prioritise, be thorough and accurate.
• IEE 17th or 18th Edition preferable.
• PLC experience desirable.
• Knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatic.
• Getting involved in continuous improvement projects.
• Resolving plant issues and ensuring downtime is kept to a minimum.
• Ability to work alone or within a team.
• Can read both electrical and mechanical schematic drawings.
Salary = £42,000.00 per annum.
41.5 hours per week
Overtime rates of pay available once trained.
Potential to grow and develop within the team.
25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone looking to secure long term work with attractive pay incentives and career progression.
For more information, please contact Dave or Gina on 01225 708040 or alternatively email email@example.com
This vacancy is being advertised by New Resource Group. The services of New Resource Group are that of an Employment Agency.