My client is a market leader within their industry and currently have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER / DRAUGHTSMAN to join their team based at their facility in Hope Valley, South Yorkshire.
Successful applicants will be working within a small team of committed and multi-disciplined Engineers, responsible for the design, development and support of special bespoke products, all of which have to conform to European directives and the appropriate harmonised standards.
The role will particularly suit individuals who enjoy varied and challenging work.
You will have a systematic approach to problem solving and be capable of working both in a team and without excessive supervision.
• Work as one of the primary mechanical designers within the business.
• Provide detailed mechanical design of systems and sub-systems from defined client specification, this will include creating a 3D CAD model, gas and pneumatics schematics, and the creation of associated documentation including BOM’s, manufacturing drawings etc.
• You are expected to work within the agreed time scales and costs, liaise with the customer and all other departments in the Company at all levels.
• Gain knowledge of existing products, materials, design rules and production techniques with the aim to redevelop existing products by enhancing these techniques, reducing materials costs, and improving production efficiencies where possible.
• Apply design techniques such as design for manufacture, design for assembly etc.
• Create Gas / Pneumatic systems would be an advantage, training can be given.
• Present technical information to other technical or non-technical persons.
• Knowledge and experience of design change control and release procedures, MRP and or ERP systems
• Support the manufacturing process, resolving and clarifying mechanical issues in products
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
• The successful candidate will have experience as a mechanical design draughtsman using CAD Software.
• practical experience in a mechanical manufacturing environment is necessary and would anticipate a minimum qualification in an appropriate Design subject at HND level.
• Experience in the use of applicable directives, norms and standards used in light industrial applications are essential.
• The successful applicant will need to have good communication skills as the duties will include liaising with internal departments, have the ability to work on their own initiative with minimum supervision, prioritise work load and the skills to be a good team player.
• Good knowledge of mechanisms, gearing, basic pneumatics with an ability to perform basic calculations is required.
• Good knowledge of welding and fabrication practices.
• Furnace or oven design experience would be an advantage though not essential as training will be given.
• Flexible, hands-on approach to working within a project team or individually.
• Valid passport holder and clean driving license required for occasional travel.